Indoor Air Quality Services in College Station
We live in a hyperaware society when it comes to air health and possible airborne contaminants. Your home is the one place that’s under your control, and you want to make sure the air that you and your family are breathing is not going to exacerbate your lungs or make you sick. It can definitely be overwhelming to figure out how to protect yourself against all the types of air contaminants in your home.
At Barker’s Heating & Cooling we understand. That’s why our team is dedicated to using our years of expertise and knowledge in the air regulation industry to help our customers feel safe and confident in their homes. The more you know about your air, the more you can do to keep your air clean and healthy. Plus, with us at your side, there’s no air particle that we can’t tackle!
What’s in Your Air?
Did you know that the air inside your home is 2-5 times more polluted than the air you breathe outside? The most common sources of these pollutants are pets and people who tend to bring contaminants inside with them. They can also be left behind by pests like rodents or insects that you may never see in your home. The pollutants can be a key source of inflammation for asthma, allergies and other health-related issues. Some of the most common Brazos Valley air contaminants are:
- Particles: dirt, dust, pollen spores, pet dander, candle soot
- Bio-aerosols: viruses, mold, bacteria, living microorganisms
- Volatile Organic Compounds: odor-causing contaminants, chemical gases, solvents
While most air contaminants enter your home naturally and are safe in low levels, you want to be sure that your AC system is capable of filtering all of the kinds of pollution from your air.
Can Professionals Increase Your IAQ?
Including expert AC specialists in your indoor air quality journey is a smart decision. Our team at Barker’s Heating & Cooling stays up to date on the most modern and effective filtration and purification methods for all types of air contaminants. This means we know every system to offer, how to target specific pollutants in your air and even the efficiency of different filter materials. We can advise on the most common College Station home filtration methods, such as:
- Whole-home filtration
- UVC purification
- Electrostatic filters
- Carbon filters
How Can You Improve Your Air Quality At Home?
Luckily, air quality specialists are not the only solution to your air contaminant problem. There are several great things you can do in your own Brazos Valley home that can significantly reduce the pollution in your air. Implementing these techniques is easy and doesn’t disrupt your life – plus you’ll be doing everything in your power to make your home a cleaner breathing space.
- Make Sure Your AC Filters Get Cleaned! – We recommend setting a reminder for yourself to check and clean your AC air filter every few months. If you suspect your air quality is low, this is the first place that you can really make a difference. Air filters are designed to remove contaminants as they blow through the filter, but if they’re full they can’t do their jobs. Make sure your AC system is working with you instead of against you!
- Vacuum Your Carpets and Rugs – Cleaning your carpets and rugs more often can absolutely help with the presence of dirt, dust and dander in the air – especially if you have pets! Floor coverings are prime spots for pollutants to linger for weeks, so eliminate that hiding spot and breather deeper!
- Turn On Your Kitchen Vents – Cooking can create a good amount of steam and moisture in the air. Using your kitchen vents – and even attic vents – allows that moist air to be pushed directly outside instead of making its way through the AC system and possibly collecting where it shouldn’t.
Need More IAQ Solutions?
If you’d like more information on how you can reduce your air pollution at home or what kinds of air filters and purifiers are available, count on our team! Barker’s Heating & Cooling will provide you with the premier services you deserve and help you find the best answer to your IAQ problems. If you’re ready for cleaner air in College Station, give us a call!