With demand for electricity rising, right along with energy costs, a typical homeowner can easily spend hundreds of dollars a month on utility bills, which can be the equivalent ofa house payment. The bulk of a home’s energy costs, up to 48%,*comes from heating and cooling. Fortunately, there’s a bright spot.
The SunSource® Home Energy System puts you in control of your monthly bills by creating and using solar energy, reducing your need for electricity from your utility provider. Solar energy generated by the system is first used to power your heat pump or air conditioner. When your heating and cooling system is not in use, the solar energy can operate other appliances and electronics. Any excess energy that’s not needed will be sent back to the utility company, possibly entitling you to a credit.
Power from the sun also has major benefits for the environment. It reduces the need for electricity generated by power plants, which in turn leads to a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions.
The industry exclusive SunSource Home Energy System from Lennox is the simplest way to bring solar power into the home to save on utility bills. With this revolutionary advancement in residential heating and cooling, you now have the power to transform customers' ability to heat and cool their homes and the opportunity to address the growing consumer need for greater energy efficiency.
How the system works to reduce your utility costs
The SunSource® Home Energy System allows you to tap into the utility-saving benefits of solar. Here’s how:
• Solar modules* harness clean, sustainable energy from the sun and send it to a SunSource® Solar-Ready heat pump or air conditioner.
• Solar energy is first used to meet heating and cooling demands. When the heat pump or air conditioner isn’t running, the system powers lighting, appliances and other electronics in the home. Any surplus power goes back to your utility company for a possible credit.
• A communication module allows you to see how your home energy system is working to lower your utility operating costs. It also shows the environmental benefits of using renewable energy for your home.
Solar modules– Unlike typical Solar-panel systems, which have one large inverter for the complete array, each Sun Source module has its
own scaled-down micro inverter that converts solar energy into usable electrical power. This has three key advantages:
• A dedicated micro inverter for each module allows a higher capture of solar energy, compared to traditional single-inverter systems.
• You have the flexibility to start small and add more modules at a later date for greater Energy savings.
• Any issue that might affect one module, like tree shading or cloud cover, doesn’t impact the operation of other modules.
Beyond efficient performance, the modules offer superb durability and aesthetics:
• Modules are weather- and impact-resistant.
• Models available with silver or black frames.
• Modules can be easily maintained and serviced.
Offers many innovative features beyond solar technology designed to deliver optimal comfort and efficiency. Six models are available:
– Variable-speed inverter controlled motor provides a quiet and consistent flow of air for an ideal balance of temperature and humidity
–Efficiency ratings of up to 26.00 SEER†
– Two-stage operation, combined with exclusive SilentComfort™ technology, allows the units to run at low speed most of the time to maximize comfort and efficiency, while reducing sound levels
–Efficiency ratings of up to 21.00 SEER†
–Engineered with exclusive Silent Comfort™ technology
–Efficiency ratings of up to 18.00 SEER†
Communication module– Sends performance information for each solar module to a website, where you can view system status.
All new heat pumps and air conditioners from the Dave Lennox Signature Collection are solar ready, which means they can be easily integrated with solar modules in a complete SunSource Home Energy System.
In addition to world-class quality from a name you can trust, you can take comfort knowing the SunSource Home Energy System is backed by solid warranties:
• XP25/XC25, XP21/XC21 and XP17/XC17 solar ready heat pumps and air conditioners include a 10-year limited warranty on the compressor and covered components.
• Solar modules from Lennox’ partner Solar World are made in the U.S.A. and come with a 25-year performance guarantee and product workmanship warranty of 10 years. The Enphase micro inverters include a 25-year limited warranty.
For more information about how to get your home or business more energy efficient, contact us to set up a visit from one of our sale representatives.